Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Introductions

First to introduce myself, and my family since you'll be hearing a lot about them as well. Me first though, since this is my blog.

My name is Becky and I was born and raised in the Sacramento, California area. Now I'm residing in the lovely and quiet town of Santaquin, Utah. I'm 27-years old. Married to my best friend and we have 2 mostly beautiful kids together, Russell who just turned 5, and Marcy who is 4 months old. We did have the best cat ever, Rigby, but our new landlords don't allow pets, so he's now a part of my parents lives back in California. I guess that's good. They needed somebody to love after I moved their grandchildren away from them. I know Rigby loves the sunshine there more than he ever loved us. But he was still a good cat.

I enjoy being a stay-at-home mom. I know that's kind of looked down upon in our society. "Oh. You're just a stay-at-home mom, then?" Damn straight, I'm a stay-at-home mom. I worked as a claims adjuster for years, which can be a pretty stressful job from time-to-time, but being a mom takes the cake on challenging. But it's also more rewarding and I love it more than anything. People are always going off on how we need to preserve the earth for future generations, recycle, etc., and my part of making sure the future is awesome is by making sure my kids are awesome and well educated people.

When I'm not momming it up and have a little me time I enjoy things playing the piano, painting, writing, running, decorating, working on projects, and baking delicious and savory treats. Sometimes I read. If I splurge and get a sitter to have a lot of me time I love snowboarding, shopping, and going on dates with Ryan.

Ryan was also born and raised in the Sacramento, California area. We actually knew each other growing up, but since he was a year younger than me I looked down upon with all my aged superiority and wisdom at that point in life. He just graduated from BYU in electrical engineering and is working for a company called IMSAR which operates out of Springville, Utah and they makes radars. Tiny radars. That's about all I know, or rather, can understand about his job. He loves it and that's what matters. It's been a great company to us so far though. Even though I don't understand a thing they do I do understand how they treat their employees and the employees family, which is awesome.

Ryan likes all sorts of outdoors stuff: camping, hiking, fishing. He desires to learn hunting. He loves his motorcycle, a Ninja 1000. He's into electrical stuff like remote control cars and planes. He also enjoys making our household electronics more efficient, which usually equals me not understanding them any longer. And he loves to have a project. Something he can fix/restore.

Russell just turned 5 last Sunday. He's very excited to be a big boy now. He'll be going to Kindergarten next Fall. I seriously can't believe he's beg enough to be going to school. Time flies. He's such a sweet boy. He's very caring and sensitive. But he also has a great sense of humor. I'm excited to watch him develop that. He loves Legos, specifically Lego City Police stuff. He just got the Lego City Police Station for his birthday to which he said, "My dream came true!" (Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!). He also loves his wiggle car, digging in dirt, playing in water, playing with friends, superheros, farts and other bodily functions. He is a 5-year old boy.

Marceline (Marcy) is only 4-months old. She was born the day before Valentine's Day. She might be tiny, but she has a big personality. She's brought so much love into our home. I can't imagine life without her even though she hasn't been around for very long. She adores her big brother. When he plays with her she lights up. She loves watching other kids play. You can tell she can hardly wait to play with them. She also loves when Daddy beat boxes to her. She giggles with delight. She likes to sing along with me when I sing to her. She's already a chatterbox even though it's just cooing. I'm looking forward to watching her personality develop and what other things she'll love.

That's my family. I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about us so as you read my posts you'll feel like you know us a little better.

No comments: