Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sleeping Beauty



Marcy will not sleep without a swaddle. I understand it makes them feel secure and comforted. Russell refused a swaddle though, as a babe, so it was all new territory for me and I didn't realize just how important it could be.

When she was a newborn (like one or two weeks) she wet through her diaper onto her swaddle. It was the only one we had and it wasn't wash day for a few days, so I just threw it in the hamper without giving it a thought. That night there was no swaddle. She slept terribly, which means me and Ryan did too. And we did the next night. And the next night. The third night at 5 a.m. it dawned on me that maybe her sudden terrible sleeping had something to do with that swaddle. I tried swaddling her up in a blanket and she went right to sleep and slept great. I did wash that next day and went and bought another swaddle ... just in case. I would never want to be caught without one again.

But her swaddle frequently provides us with morning humor. Here's my favorite so far. I woke up one morning, pulled back the covers and discovered this ...



How did she even do that??? Ha!

No comments: