Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I love being a mother. The day my son was born making me a mother was the day I figured out the meaning of life and he's been teaching me more about life everyday since that beautiful Monday morning. Coincidentally, it also happens to be the first day I really began to appreciate and understand my mother and everything she has done for me. Now with the additional of Marceline my life is that much more full and rich.

I feel truly blessed to have had an excellent example of a mother growing up. I'm thankful for all she taught me and all the wisdom and knowledge she continue to give me when I need it. She was my pattern to follow. I know through my teenage years I rejected the idea of being like her, but now I feel honored to be like her.

And I feel truly blessed to have two beautiful, smart, happy and healthy boy and girl of my own now. I try really hard to be a good mom and do what I think is best. Even when it's the opposite of what my child wants and I'm torn between giving them what they want and what I know they need.

I also feel blessed to have such a wonderful husband who helped make me a mother and now is the provider for our family so I can stay home with my babies fulfilling my role as mother. I know it's an important and eternal role that I hope I can perfect as much as possible while here on Earth.

On a lighter note, check out the gift my husband and babes got me for Mother's Day (the owls). And Russell brought home this note from preschool which is pretty solid evidence to me why being a mom is the best job ever! There's also a picture of Russell the first night I brought him home from the hospital, Marcy in the hospital, Ryan holding Marcy, and Russell meeting his little sister for the first time.

No comments: